mer premium hiq add
postimet: 20   u vizitua nga: 115 users
27.01.2011 - 16:00
There are a lot of matches where as soon as the game starts, everyone will just rush at other players capitals. A lot of strategy games have a way of stopping rushing like this by including an option to make the early part of the game completely peaceful.

Can afterwind please include an option to make it so the first 5/10 turns of the game are peace?
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
27.01.2011 - 16:07
I think this is a good idea. Many times, you'll pick a country and your opponent will pick one right next to yours and take your capital before you even have the chance to defend yourself. Also, having extra game options can never be a bad thing as one can just turn them on and off as they please.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
27.01.2011 - 16:30
I find setting the time you must hold a players capital to deafeat them from 2 to 3 or 4 helps with this problem somewhat. Oh and use defence lines around your capital also!
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
27.01.2011 - 17:07
I think the problem that sarcasticism is trying to address is when people can take your capital before you even have the chance to build defence lines. Also, if someone takes your capital, say, on the second turn, then you can no longer build troops in your home country which is likely to be one of the only countries you own. If you start in a small country it can be that case that is impossible to save your capital with the troops you have simply because your opponent picked a larger home country.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
29.01.2011 - 02:24
 Ivan (Admin)
Perhaps starting in peace will help that, especially if it's mandatory for several turns.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
29.01.2011 - 09:06
Yeah but thats no fun. Especially if you start in small contained maps, like south america, europe, or africa. Its a legitimate strategy to take out the player's near you as fast as possible to eliminate any potential threat. I use guerrilla warfare when my friends and I do maps like that and I can defend myself just fine.

I will say that even if your capital is taken you should be allowed to still build units from cities you own of that country. Even if this only works for your capital. I mean its a little derp if your capital gets taken and you can't even rush some more units in from those reinforcements you just got, especially if its a huge country like russia, while some of the other countries have capitals right next to them you can rush units from.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
29.01.2011 - 13:37
Am I the only one who likes how the game is now? I'm afraid things might get broken that did not need fixing...
Though I'm certainly not really oposed to an option to start with all players set to peacefull relations.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
29.01.2011 - 19:41
I'm always a fan of options. Personally, I don't give a shit about rushing, but if someone wants to play a game with no rushing, why not? The more options there are, the more people can play the game they want, so the more fun it is for them.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
30.01.2011 - 10:59
True but what people do not understand here is the importance of choosing your starting country. There are certain countries that people don't buy because they know someone will spawn in beside them. This is just a newb mistake.

If one disallows war for the first few turns then it becomes a game where instead of duking it out, it's a contest to see who can cut off the others expansion. The sad part with this is that if one side is gaining an advantage his opponent couldn't attack him.

Personally i support peace as initial starting position because it someone has to break it to show you are about to fight. Presently there are massive alliance spawns due to the fact no one can fight everyone at once so why not have alliances with everyone except your target.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
30.01.2011 - 16:44
I like the fact you can kill someone right away,

I, however, do dislike the idea of someone joining in and taking yours over with the extra reinforcements they get and make you fight for your life (And if you are not smart enough or you simply dont have money/reinforcements, you are screwed)
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
30.01.2011 - 20:13
Ah but thats already covered by changing the week people can join
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
16.02.2011 - 08:37
Indeed
Was playing Europe +
Ona fella started in Turkey and had all eastern Europe, 1 guy came along on turn 10 mb, desanted on Cyprus and own Turkey hard.
I think handicap is too big.
----
Very vicious moderator
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
16.02.2011 - 09:21
Well if you want to prevent someone rushing from cyprus, which is very common, simply take it early. Every time I choose turkey I take it first turn and then it can never happen. Also keeping the last turn to join lower basically eliminates the issue.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
16.02.2011 - 11:49
So, then the game won't be about rushing, but about flying units in around your future enemy to block off his natural expansion area as much as possible? :p
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
17.02.2011 - 06:33
I like the idea of players starting in peace, but it shouldn't be forced on them for several turns. You should be able to declare war anytime you want. I think it would kinda hurt the game (at least for me), if someone expands into regions you'd like, but you can't stop him because you are forced to have peace with him.
----

duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
17.02.2011 - 22:27
I think its always a good option to have when making a game regardless of whether or not most people turn it on.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
18.02.2011 - 22:27
I like the way it is now, that way when I use Sky Menace on Europe (w/wo +), I can eliminate or cripple any powerful enemy on my half of the map. I can take Turkey and then knock out somebody that took Ukraine (especially on regular Europe where Ukraine is good). I can have Spain and take out UK, France, and in 2 turns, Rome.
----
CONAN! What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
18.02.2011 - 23:39
Eshkruar nga Cardinal, 16.02.2011 at 08:37

Indeed
Was playing Europe +
Ona fella started in Turkey and had all eastern Europe, 1 guy came along on turn 10 mb, desanted on Cyprus and own Turkey hard.
I think handicap is too big.

That might've been the game I was in lol. I came back after that and rewowned him though.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
06.03.2011 - 02:51
I would like the option personaly, I hate people rushing me its like playing chess and the guy just picking up your king on his first turn and saying GG. no one gets to play.
----
Where's the BEEF!
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
06.03.2011 - 16:52
I disagree, I'm another player who likes how the game is know. Everyone starting in peace would break the game hard.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatesia | Kushtet e sherbimit | Banera | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

boashkohu neve ne

perhapur ne bote