mer premium hiq add
postimet: 2   u vizitua nga: 17 users
31.12.2023 - 02:31
Whilst polishing up a scenario of mine, as I tend to do once or twice a year, an idea had come to me that I think would be a great tool for scenario designers - in the very least it would be a great tool for me.

I am curious not only if others will like this idea, but if it's something that wouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Essentially, I would like to be able to set certain conditions which - when met - a specific amount of cash is entered into a player's funds. Obviously this would be ridiculously difficult to implement if the conditions needed to be really specific, but if they were as simple as "Sanghelli take X station" or "Pirates hold Stupid-Town for X turns" with a fixed reward amount attached, I could create so many interesting situations. Being able to assign the scenario side that the objective is for, what city is the objective, and what the reward amount is, would open up so many options.

- It could allow one to add in less conventional sides to a global conflict.
(Like pirates that don't hold significant land mass but can still fund a navy as long as they can hit key targets successfuly, or infection-adjacent maps where the hostile side isn't necessarily supposed to operate the same way everyone else does.)

- It could allow one to create more true-to-life incentive in existing scenarios, helping steer the conflict in an intended manner.
(And requiring less awkward text in the middle of the ocean in maps.)

- It could allow for more dynamic resource-based maps and conflicts to function.
(You could even decrease general incomes to make the rewards more valuable, or have them just be minor bonuses, depending on what playstyle you're developing the game for.)

Thoughts? Is it even within reasonable simplicity to implement? Let me know!
___

Additionally, perhaps, a possible reward setting for an objective being met could be specific troops? There's already a system in place to add troops to the map with a message, triggered by turns. I am no scripter, so this is a wild guess, but I would assume it's possible to enable that to occur with the trigger being "X capturing Y" instead of "reached turn X"? - Just a thought.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
31.12.2023 - 12:24
Sounds cool. If the curent victory conditions exist, the same system could be built for objective rewards. Would make games less of a braindead expansion.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatesia | Kushtet e sherbimit | Banera | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

boashkohu neve ne

perhapur ne bote