mer premium hiq add
postimet: 8   u vizitua nga: 51 users
02.03.2011 - 14:43
Exactly what the title says. If turn limit is reached while someone's capital is held, extend game by x turns, where x is the amount of time needed to cap it.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
02.03.2011 - 15:23
I don't see why this would be implemented, if a capitol is being held at turn 23 out of 50, and it raises to 55, what's the point? To me, t sound's like you tryed to capture a foes capitol but the game ended.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
02.03.2011 - 20:47
I believe he means specifically extend the time only if the game had reached the end of the turn limit. I have seen a bug somewhere on here that this would eliminate. The situation was that the turn limit had reached but the person with the highest sp lost his capital in the same turn. The end result was that no one won. I would suggest that a better solution would be to simply evaluate those who lost due to failing to hold on to their capital first and then award victory to the next person with the highest sp.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
04.03.2011 - 09:13
It's just to reduce frustration. The turn limit is there to make sure the game ends at some point, so that the people going in can guess how long it'll take to see if they have time to finish it.
Picking the one with the highest SP as the victor is more of a means to an end than a fun and balanced way to determine it, imo.

So, in the event that the game will end within a turn or two on it's own anyway, I see no real satisfactory reason to push through with the SP resolution. It feels so anti climatic and unsatisfactory in any case, even when you win because of it.

If I hold the entire map including the opponents capital, then "you lose" is a bitter pill to take. Did I experience something like this that caused me to make this thread, out of personal frustration? Of course. Don't see how that makes my points any more or less valid, though.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
06.03.2011 - 08:02
Yeah i agree with Shiny on this one. Whats the use of extending it?
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
07.03.2011 - 07:45
For example I am playing a game and I join late.. I am fighting the biggest player and take over his cap at turn 49.. well wen the game starts turn 51.. which is the end... the player that I caped dont win because I took his cap but I also dont win because I dont have the most sp so in turn no one wins. and it sucks lol I dont care who should win but someone should get that nice little sp I would hate for it to go to waist
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
08.03.2011 - 06:11
Well I think if you can't take over your enemies cap within the turn limit that the player who is defending his cap has played well enough to prevent you from doing so and he deserves all the credit.

If turn 51 is a turn where actions still get made (As in units still attack) then if the cap timer is on Week (2/2), which means losing, he should actually lose. Because before week 51 begins the units move from week 50, which makes it to make sense for this turn to count.

However if the timer for the cap did not expire and is on 1/2 weeks in week 51, then he should not lose because he played this way to prevent you from winning within the time limit.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
08.03.2011 - 13:53
I agree with your philosophy Yinka, though i would like to see a Time extention for a player who just lost his capital for example. you take my capital and i only have 2 min to try and get my units there to take it back but i need more time to click on all thos little transports and move my air units ect. could i have another min or too? I think that would be a fair thing to add.
then the folowing turn the game checks to see if a capital is still being held and if not the clock reverts back to normal play.
----
Where's the BEEF!
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatesia | Kushtet e sherbimit | Banera | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

boashkohu neve ne

perhapur ne bote