mer premium hiq add
postimet: 7   u vizitua nga: 54 users
23.03.2011 - 11:31
Now, sure the topic has come up before, and I'm not here to request a specific map....

But, I was wondering--is the format that the map is in at all feasible for others to submit? Is it simply a vector map of coastlines and cities? Now certainly a map-editor would be awesome, but perhaps there are some talented beta-testers here who might have extra time to create new maps if it wasn't TOO difficult to do?
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
23.03.2011 - 12:04
 Amok (Admin)
There's already a map editor, called Adobe Illustrator . Lioda is working on a map for coalition wars at the moment, though it's hard to say when will we be able to implement custom maps.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
23.03.2011 - 14:25
While we're at it, I'd like to present the #1 feature on my wishlist--

Globemode:
Instead of a flat Mercator Projection, how cool would it be to have a Google Earth type application, so that polar points aren't as far away as they are now....

Could probably use something like Marble which is opensource....

I can dream can't i?
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
23.03.2011 - 15:04
 Amok (Admin)
Since this will require completely changing the current map engine, I'd say it's very unrealistic as a feature. Maybe in AW 2.0
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
23.03.2011 - 15:04
Eshkruar nga Amok, 23.03.2011 at 12:04

There's already a map editor, called Adobe Illustrator . Lioda is working on a map for coalition wars at the moment, though it's hard to say when will we be able to implement custom maps.

If only MS paint worked....
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
23.03.2011 - 15:47
A few things,

I have a small amount of experience in Adobe Illustrator and would like to give making my own map a shot. What exactly does one have to do to create an afterwind-compatible map.
I believe I read that in the near future there will be an option to pick regions on the world map as the regions of the game. So for instance one can choose to have just south america and oceania on a map. Is this still planned? and if so when is it coming?
Finally, will there ever be an easy to use map editor for afterwind? I think this is the #1 thing i want out of this game that has not yet been implemented. Players simply create landmasses divide those into countries, place cities, and set all of the population and income and such for the cities.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
24.03.2011 - 14:56
 Amok (Admin)
Eshkruar nga Otokonoko, 23.03.2011 at 15:47

A few things,

I have a small amount of experience in Adobe Illustrator and would like to give making my own map a shot. What exactly does one have to do to create an afterwind-compatible map.
I believe I read that in the near future there will be an option to pick regions on the world map as the regions of the game. So for instance one can choose to have just south america and oceania on a map. Is this still planned? and if so when is it coming?
Finally, will there ever be an easy to use map editor for afterwind? I think this is the #1 thing i want out of this game that has not yet been implemented. Players simply create landmasses divide those into countries, place cities, and set all of the population and income and such for the cities.

Well let's say creating new maps is not really a user-friendly process at the moment. You need to create a vector-based map, map background, then add all the data for the cities and countries manually. All the country borders need to overlap perfectly, and the map itself need to be free from any glitches. Map editor is not even in our low-priority list, so if it ever gets implemented, it will take a while.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatesia | Kushtet e sherbimit | Banera | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

boashkohu neve ne

perhapur ne bote