mer premium hiq add
postimet: 9   u vizitua nga: 73 users
27.03.2011 - 15:13
Crap brown, puke green and any other dull colour that is difficult to see on the map, would be really helpful.

thanks
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
27.03.2011 - 15:36
What do they get replaced with? There are only so many distinguishable colours in this world.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
27.03.2011 - 16:33
Different denominations of bright colours
----
Beheading infidels is a patriotic duty
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
28.03.2011 - 03:33
 Ivan (Admin)
We have a real problem with colors, because countries are semi-transparent, thus your color is combined with the map color (which can vary both in shade and intensity!). This creates a situation where there's a very limited number of colors that actually look different on the map. We also want to raise the players limit to 20, so we actually need to come up with 5 more colors, and that's a real pain...
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
28.03.2011 - 03:45
Eshkruar nga Ivan, 28.03.2011 at 03:33

We have a real problem with colors, because countries are semi-transparent, thus your color is combined with the map color (which can vary both in shade and intensity!).

I think, if its possible, make all the land on the map the same color and shade that Europe is. Its much easier to distinguish the colors (especially the dark ones) with a lighter colored background. I once started as brown down in Indonesia (where the map color is very dark) and I could just barely distinguish myself from the map. I ended up attacking my neighbor in Australia because I couldn't distinguish his brown-ish color from the map either.

In Europe, where the map color is much lighter, its easier to see the colors and figure out whats neutral and what isnt.

Oh, and while we are on the subject of colors, is there a way to choose your nation color when late joining?
----
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
28.03.2011 - 07:30
Eshkruar nga Ivan, 28.03.2011 at 03:33

We have a real problem with colors, because countries are semi-transparent, thus your color is combined with the map color (which can vary both in shade and intensity!). This creates a situation where there's a very limited number of colors that actually look different on the map. We also want to raise the players limit to 20, so we actually need to come up with 5 more colors, and that's a real pain...

5 more players in a game would be more of a pain than 5 new colours.

it makes you want to make alliances quickly because otherwise everyone else will and gang on you. Not fun. You definitely need to bring in some cost for alliances and peace, a huge amount at the start, decreasing as the weeks go by.

i enjoy playing games with 6 or less players, ffa is even better, or team.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
28.03.2011 - 18:21
Having the option to have extra players can never be a bad thing. For those who dont like it, they can just turn the player limit down.

I have around 30 in real life friends who ive introduced to this game and we often like the play big private games together. However, there sometimes isn't space for everyone who shows up which can prove saddening.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
28.03.2011 - 18:23
Also, a gimmicky but workable solution to the lack of colours is potentially creating designs for the last bit of colors. For the 19th player (or 24th or the 29th if you ever have plans to allow even more people to play ) their colour could be green with red stripes. Odd looking, I know. But its the best I could think of and it would only have to be used in rare occasions.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
29.03.2011 - 06:36
Patterns would generally be a good idea, i can stand dark colours if there are bright stripes accompanying it.

Edit: good work on the colours.
duke u karikuar...
duke u karikuar...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Privatesia | Kushtet e sherbimit | Banera | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

boashkohu neve ne

perhapur ne bote